Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Funereal Disease

So! I didn't play type 4.

I sat down with the other player in the group who had actually played D&D before and we tried to read the PHB and DMG, respectively, and the books began to look like Chinese Algebra.
Based on a reading of the rules, Type 4 is a board game wherein some roleplaying might happen.

The other guy made an executive decision and DM'd a game of Type 3, which I also have issues with.

Anyway, counting me, there were three of us who I think are really interested in playing D&D, one was kind of along for the ride, one was completely clueless, and one was trying to play the game exactly like an MMO and consequently becoming frustrated.

If the group survives, I'll eventually hit 'em with second edition, maybe some LotFP:WFRPWTFBBQHAX.

In the meantime: Funerary things! Or:Why on Oerth would people who live in a world where the undead are a very real thing ever bury their dead if they had another choice?

Look, all I'm saying is, if you live in a world where zombies, mummies, and animated skeletons etc. are a real threat and there's no Christian belief in a mass resurrection at the End of Days, would you not burn grandma so that a wandering necromancer doesn't use her to kill you?
Furthermore, wouldn't big churches sport crematoriums instead of graveyards?
Just a pre-morning-shower thought. Wouldn't have made the post-title but I have a weakness for puns.

Also, I did that thing in the post below and had fun doing it. I think I'm going to try and crank out a dungeon a week, I'll probably fail. And if I don't, it's not like anyone reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment